Thursday, May 12, 2011

My chocolate, strawberries and cream creation

I found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman's blog, which she re-posted from Snappy Gormet's blog. They called this dessert Dark Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes with Amaretto Cream, but this title does not suit my creation at all. Here's why:
1. I used milk chocolate, they used dark.
2. The "shortcakes" came out more like cookies.
3. I didn't have any Amaretto so I substituted milk.
4. By making some alterations, I can claim it as my recipe. :)


I fed this to my small group girls last night and they loved it. It's not a very heavy dessert since I used fat free Cool Whip and cream cheese. And strawberries make it healthy right? right???

The recipe definitely calls for entirely too much of the wet ingredients so I ended up with massive amounts of cream left over. It was so tasty to dip the strawberries in though. I may make the cream as a fruit dip by itself next time. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment