Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finally finished!

Aunt Jen's sewing machine is now back in business! Jacob, sweet husband and genius engineer that he is, replaced the wiring that was cracking and peeling apart. He also replaced the plug so that the is no longer a risk of electric shock due to exposed screws and wire.

These 2 pics were taken during the "stripping" process. During this step, I found out that the top layer all over the desk was not real wood, but a laminate wood. :( Booo, bummer, darn, puh, grr..... This was such a let down. At this point, I decided, what the heck. Who cares what it looks like as long as it's clean, not sticky and has a fresh coat of polyurethane finish on it.

So I muscled through and wound up with this. Nowhere near perfection, but it'll do.

So now I have it all put back together and functional, but no sewing projects on the horizon. Hmm, I'll have to fix that...

No comments:

Post a Comment