When it rains it pours. Isn't that how the saying goes? Well, it's true. It seems like the men in my family and Jacob's family are determined to hurt themselves before the wedding. Here are a few things that have been happening around here.
1. The father of the bride breaks his neck waterskiing while daughter is vacationing in China.
2. The great-grandfather of the groom starts a house fire by putting a bowl of sugar in the microwave to dry it out. I know what you're thinking, why'd he do that? The answer: because he's Pappy.
2a. The great-grandfather of the groom is informed that he has blisters/burns on his head from the fire. He is hospitalized that day.
3. The grandfather of the bride begins to experience extreme pain in his back while at a wedding. He lands in the ER that night. The back pain turns into knee pain. He can no longer straighten his legs. They begin to become swollen since he can not lay down. He has been sitting in a chair all day and night for weeks.
4. The father of the groom/best man decides he is superman and can roll hay in the Texas heat all day. He is admitted to the hospital 2 days later with pneumonia.
5. The groom is away from home for 7 weeks. Well, he's not hurt, but it's sad.