Monday, January 25, 2010

The heart of the matter


Jacob and I packed up and headed to Austin this weekend to visit with my parents and grandparents. My grandpa, Pap, has been having chest pains for a few weeks and had some tests done last week. He got the results today and they are good. The doc said that his heart is hardening, which is normal for an 83 yr old. He's going to start taking time-released nitroglycerin pills daily. They said that his stints and bypass stuff are holding up fine.

Pap's thinking of buying a new truck since his is a '93 F150 and is starting to need some maintenance, but he wanted to wait until he went to the doc to see how long he was going to live. What a goof. I guess he'll be getting a new truck!

We had a friendly game of 42 Saturday night with my parents and of course, mom and I whooped up on dad and Jake. This is not the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment